Friday, June 12, 2009

NL West Predictions

I move from AL East predictions all the way to the NL West. Now this one is pretty easy for me so I'll add a catch I'm going to predict the exact number of wins and the number of games back by the second place team.

Well I have to first start off with the Dodgers who right now have the best record in baseball with an outstanding 40-21 record. With or without Manny Ramirez they seem to be dominating not only their division but all of baseball. With no small credit going to Juan Pierre, Manny's replacement. While Mannywood may not be as popular without it's star, his absence seems to have not hurt the Dodgers as much as most thought it would. Although I do think when he returns it will only do the Dodgers good.

As for the rest of the division, the Giants, Padres, Rockies, and Diamondbacks have not put up much of a fight in the wake of the Dodger dominance. Although I have to hand it to the San Francisco Giant's pitchers who have a collective ERA of 3.75 which is the second best in the National League. Although sadly pitching just isn't enough for them. While being 3 games over .500 they are still 8 games back of the leading Dodgers.

Now as for my actual predictions I have the Dodgers winning of course but with an outstanding 105 wins. I then have the Giants an amazing 20 games back but still competing for the Wild Card but not getting it.